Who loves dog biscuit recipes? Put your paws up! We love dog biscuits too. It’s a great way to gift man’s best friend for a birthday or a holiday… and any friend you have that has a dog will think you’re ever so thoughtful to think of their family pet.
We’ve gathered some of the best dog biscuit recipes here with many different types of dogs in mind, so whether you don’t mind wheat biscuits or are looking for something grain free, we’ve got it for you here.
1. Gourmet Dog Biscuit Recipe
This simple gourmet dog biscuit recipe is guaranteed to make your pup a willing participant in training exercises. If you’re ambitious, you could puree your own “baby food” to put in the treats. Try different baby foods to see what your dog likes best! Originally from food.com.
2 to 2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup powdered milk or rice cereal
1 egg, beaten
5 tablespoons canola/coconut oil
1/4 cup water
2 jars strained baby food (any flavor)
- Turn oven on and set to preheat to 350 F degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. The dough will be thick.
- Knead dough on a heavily floured countertop for about 5 minutes or until dough is smooth.
- Sprinkle flour on the dough and rolling pin. Roll out the dough to about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut shapes on dough with cookie cutters, with a small round glass or into small triangles with a pizza cutter.
- Put on ungreased cookie sheet and cook for 35-40 minutes.
- Cool biscuits for 30 minutes
- Package in sealed containers.
2. Corn and Wheat Free Healthy Dog Biscuit Recipe
For dogs with skin allergies, a gentle oat based dog biscuit recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together the broth, oil and eggs and then mix with the oat mixture. The dough will be heavy and thick.
- Roll dough out to about 1/4-3/8 thickness on floured countertop and cut into shapes.
- Bake about 40-45 minutes or until edges turn brown and cookies are dry. Cool for 30 minutes before serving.
3. Grain Free Dog Biscuit Recipe
This dog biscuit recipe is grain free and high protein. Your dog will love the peanut butter and will probably sit at your feet while you make these. (You might like these cookies too!)
3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (pref. natural)
1 medium banana mashed
1 large egg
1 3/4 cup garbanzo bean flour (found at Whole Foods or online)
1. Preheat oven to 300 F.
2. Mix banana, peanut butter and egg until well combined in a small bowl. Add the flour to the wet ingredients and mix until the dough comes together.
3. Heavily flour your counter, rolling pin and cookie cutter. Roll the dough out to a 1/4″ thickness, re-flouring as necessary to keep from sticking. Cut out treats with cookie cutter. Put cookies on a greased or parchment lined cookie sheet and re-roll out the remaining dough to make more cookies.
4. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. Allow cookies to cool.
4. Homemade Greenies Dog Biscuit Recipe
This dog biscuit recipe is meant to give you a bit of a reprieve from that bad doggie breath. Fresh mint and parsley smell delicious! This recipe is also another grain-free dog biscuit recipe.